Manhattan Beach Sand SectionManhattan Beach, South Bay Community Videos
Location: Starts at Homer Street on the South, and 45th on the North
- Manhattan Beach Strand is the small, beach front section of the Manhattan Beach Real Estate. It has some of the most expensive homes for sale. These homes are on narrow lots that occupy about 25 feet of Manhattan Beachfront property that runs parallel to the coast.
- Strand lots are 33.3 x 100 or 33.3 x 105
Sand Section west of Ardmore divided into 4 areas
- South: 1st to 15th Street. Most expensive, currently selling more than the north end. 1st – 8th ease of Highland – “Walk Streets” are family oriented.
- Central: 16th to Marine. Great views east of Highland. Homes 16th – 21st Street best value (less $ than South MB)
- North: 22nd to 36th. Great Views east of Highland.
- North Manhattan (El Porto): Rosecrans to 44th. Closest to Chevron Refinery. Public parking lot looks over Strand – not homes.
- Walk street properties are highly sought after in Manhattan Beach. These Manhattan Beach homes have one side of the property facing a pedestrian walk street. They offer a lot of oceanfront views available with more privacy and less pedestrian traffic.
- Lot size: 30 x 90. Patios on the walk street properties are actually easements owned by the city which require homeowners to obtain permits for work done.
- Walk street homes tend to be smaller cottage/bungalow style homes, but more construction is being done to these homes to develop high end, contemporary luxury homes.
- Southend walk streets east of Highland are the flat walk streets which are great for families with children. There is no traffic on the sidewalk street. This area starts at 4th and goes to 10th.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.